Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NC - eReader - nook

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ron

Ron

NC - eReader - nook Empty
PostSubject: NC - eReader - nook   NC - eReader - nook EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:20 pm

If you are shopping in a city that has a B&N bookstore, they are promoting the nook. I did that yesterday out of interest, booth set up by entrance and two people demoing and answering questions about nook. Lot of people purchasing it as gift for xmas. Saw both the wifi and $249 model. The more expensive model can read Amazon (kindle) books. Buy the ebook from Amazon, download it to puter and drop it into nook, which changes format in epub - has conversion software (dmz to epub) built in. They don't advertise that feature, probably only ereader that does. I was impressed and see how it will catch on and paperbooks a thing of the past.

Best Buy sells the kindle (no demo booth - although demo kindles that I could not get to work - don't think the models shown were touch screen). They had a demo booth set up for the ipad, in the puter section. Ipad is considered a net book - not an ereader. BB employee was demoing the ipad and would answer all your questions. I had no interest in getting a demo - not sure if there were any sales on the spot.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: NC - eReader - nook   NC - eReader - nook EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:45 pm

Yeah, we have a Barnes and Noble in Reading. If I see a demo I might check it out, the bf likes to read a lot. He might like this...
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: NC - eReader - nook   NC - eReader - nook EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 9:42 pm

That's an awesome gadget. It's out of my price range. As my sister is slowing down I was going to buy her a Kindel, but her eyes are getting worse and worse. So, she has friend pick books on tape from the library.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: NC - eReader - nook   NC - eReader - nook EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 8:39 pm

Judy wants one for Xmas - she was really impressed with it ..... dragged her into the store sunday evening after I saw it saturday. She was all paper and had no interest in digital - she has a different outlook now. I'm getting her the nook color version - she will find it very useful for alot of different things. Tablet works off the android platform, hopefully some outside developers may make some cool apps for the nook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NC - eReader - nook   NC - eReader - nook Empty

Back to top Go down

NC - eReader - nook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Friendship Hut :: Friendship Hut Forum :: General-
Jump to: