Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's new...

Go down 
+2
walleye
NCBeachdrmr
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: What's new...   What's new... EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:57 pm

I have a few things. went to my mom's for Christmas Eve, baked cookies, decorated the tree did our presents with my brother. Then Christmas Day we all went to my sister's for dinner. sat around the fireplace and drank some wine. Boy, they really like wine, we went thru at least 4 bottles. Drove home late, when we got to the Pocono's the roads were ICE! Ugh, so it was slow driving. I hate when others are on the road driving slower than you, luckily they moved over and let me pass. I got us home safe thanks to my AWD. The power went out around 2:30AM, came back on around 7:30. Thank goodness my mom has a coal stove and plenty of oil lamps. No worries....but it continued to rain, a mist, and we just hoped the temp would rise so the ice wouldn't keep building up. 4 years ago that happend and we had no power for 2 weeks! You learn to become very resourceful in a situation like that. Took my mom out grocery shopping around noon, that was a mistake, I forgot the skiers were up....ugh, There is one thing i don't miss about home, the tourists! It was good to get home. LOL.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Cool
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 am

Yep, it was about 4 years ago we had no power after an ice storm. Thousands and thousands of power poles were down. I had to go to Brookings to get warm. It was nasty.

I went to Brookings for Christmas and slept for 3 days. Now, back at it.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:03 pm

woke up to some snow, no big deal, 2" at most. But these people shut down with even a bit of rain.LOL. I'll give them this tho', when the snow stops falling they clean up very quickly and very thorough. Up in the Pocono's for some reason, even though they have those bigger trucks and plows, they still do a lousy job and always knock over my mom's mailbox. So went for a walk, got some pics, got to the store before all the crazy ppl got there...shoveled the walks and cleaned of the truck. Now its laundry and had a nice breakfast of eggs, bacon and coffee. Got the champagne chilling for later...I'm set!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Good old SD does a very good job of digging out. In the cities the snow is piled up to 20 feet high. They have the streets and highways cleared in a few short hours after a storm. The back roads takes much longer.

I'm doing the motel until 8. Maybe a beer or two, but New's Eve is for rookies. Anyone celebrating in a bar or pub is goofy. The cops make a year's quota of tickets on this night.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:09 pm

I was going to sleep thru this New Year's, that was my plan. But my upstairs neighbors, bless their little bastard hearts, had other plans! First they went out, so I thought i was in for a nice quiet nite...then some friends came over, then they came home...then more friends came over. ok, its new years eve, i thought, so they'll have a party. It'll be over by 1:30, right? Most the guests left by 1:30 BUT the host and 2 others decided to hang in there...til 5:30!!!!! needless to say i was not getting any sleep! Oh I love them. i even set up a make shift bed in my kitchen, quietest place below them, wasn't enough or very comfortable. All this time I'm considerate of the bastard, he works the third shift and my kitchen is below his bedroom, so i try to be as quiet as I can. No more, I'll tell you that! The best was part was at 4AM when I went out front and when I came back in I slammed the door...they all came downstairs to see what the noise was and the asshole has the nerve to say 'No one slams a door at 4 in the morning, i don't care who they are'! classic...it was all I could do to not confront him at that point...figured it would best not to. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 12:22 pm

we brought in the new year with Dick Clark
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:41 pm

I brought in the new year with a Bud Light and a long drive home from work.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 7:19 pm

Can we change the color here? I'm getting tired of red....
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Welllllllllll.....Dragon is the moderator. I'm not sure I can
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 2:20 am

no sleep again tonite! Yes, its the upstairs neighbor again. Seems he has a few days off, so he stays up late playing his stereo loud or playing his video games with surround sound. And best yet is his 2 yr old daughter is with him and she stays up late running around, or hammering on the floor with her toys, rolling her trike across the floor. I really need to find a house or a real apartment. not an house that was converted into an apartment. Or maybe the landlord could rent to some mature people instead of 'kids' with no responsiblity...anyway, this will the second nite in a row with little sleep. last nite it probably totaled an hour, tonite I slept for two hours when he wasn't home. called the landlord about 10PM, doesn't sound like he got thru to the kid!
Back to top Go down
fishguy

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:05 am

Call him again. Perhaps you guys could switch apartments. I hate inconsiderate people.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:24 pm

went to see an old friend tonite to give him his b-day present. saw the kids, always happy to see me and I love them too! Got them a present too...it'll probably be a long while before I see them or him again *sigh*
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:05 am

Well, sometimes memories are better than the friend. Who knows how any of this works.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 7:31 pm

At work we went from balls to the wall OT to another screeching halt, someone better learn how to schedule better. And next Friday we are having another party at work to celebarate the success of Anthropologie and Peeps! I thought we already celebrated this but I guess we just like to have parties! How 'bout a raise? That would be a good thing, LOL...another snow storm on its way, looks like we are to get hit again and the northern parts will just get a 'nuisance snow'.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 am

Nuisance snow? Like a day off?
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Still no word yet on what the amount is going to be wih Monday's storm. It could go either way they say. wouldn't you like to be a weather person?
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 10:51 am

I'd love to be a weather person, wouldn't to be right or know what the hell I was talking about. Sort of like an economics professor.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:21 pm

Think I'm going to my mom's tonite. I need a good nites sleep and I'm not feeling well. Better not be coming down with something. There is this guy at work who has been sick...coughing and sneezing all over the place and not covering his mouth!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Good luck and have a good night
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

I slept very well, curled up on the couch with some blankeys, she made me some soup and a grilled cheese....aren't mom's great! my aches went away but now I have the cough...ugh!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 am

I have a late start at school. The wind drifted in many roads and the school buses and cars can't get around so well.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:05 pm

Been giving a guy at work a ride to and from work while his in the garage, was supposed to be just one tme but now he won't get his truck back until Monday.Maybe I'll try to work saturday being he has to work..
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:54 pm

I bet he appreciates the ride to work - pretty nice of ya!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:42 pm

It's very nice. Maybe he can beat up your neighbor as payment.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:15 am

LOL, I like that....got another good neighbor who said if he gives me anymore trouble he'll take a bat to his head...that should keep him quiet awhile! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What's new... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next