Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Got the call this morning...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

Got the call this morning... Empty
PostSubject: Got the call this morning...   Got the call this morning... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 10:40 am

A friend and co-worker of mine was killed last nite on his motorcycle. He is on my FB page, Darren Martin. H just got his bike back and was looking forward to taking itout with somefriends Friday night. I talked to him about anhour before quitting time yesterdayand he said he was getting quite the collection of bikes and would take me for ride this summer if wanted. He always wore a helmet. I was trying to teach him how to send drinks on FB, LOL, but he had dial-up so it wasn't working too good for him. He was a good guy, always on the ball at work. never a bad thing to say, enjoyed his job. He was there to help plant the tree at work. Geez, can't believe he's gone...just like that your life can be over...thats what sucks about it...I'm really going to miss him Sad
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: Got the call this morning...   Got the call this morning... EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Yep, life is odd like that. Sometimes when I think about what my life is worth, I try envision what's like going without. Sometimes it sucks both ways....but so far life has won out.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: Got the call this morning...   Got the call this morning... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 am

Couple of weeks ago a coworker of ours got killed in an auto accident after work - few miles from the division. He was just 28 years old. I knew him but would not consider us friends. Alot of others were really shook up - he had many friends at work. Mgmt went to his funeral. Day after his funeral, all workers went outside and had a moment of silence - any that wanted to say some words did so.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: Got the call this morning...   Got the call this morning... EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:51 pm

I talked to a guy in management yesterday, told him maybe it would be nice to dedicate the tree to him and put a plaque there with his name on it...he likes the idea! Tomorrow is going to be hard...
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: Got the call this morning...   Got the call this morning... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:37 am

How's going by now? Thing settling down a bit?
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: Got the call this morning...   Got the call this morning... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:57 pm

yeah, Monday morning was tough, we had a 'get together' with the whole company, it was very sad. lots of tears were shed, he was well liked and will be missed. they had a memorial service for him at his church, lots and lots of people, he had many friends. today will be one week, I remember his last words to me were he couldn't wait to take his bike out that nite... Sad he was doing what he loved.
Back to top Go down
lumpydog

PostSubject: Re: Got the call this morning...   Got the call this morning... EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:13 pm

UGH! That's so sad Sad I'm sorry Sad <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got the call this morning...   Got the call this morning... Empty

Back to top Go down

Got the call this morning...
Page 1 of 1