Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Senior Projects

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
walleye

walleye

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:26 am

Senior Projects Podium006

Jedd giving his presentation on weight loss and physical fitness. The students have to write a lengthy research paper about their topic. Then they design a product they must design and make. They select a mentor and log their hours and progress. At the end of the year they give a technology based presentation to a panel of judges and the public. They have done well over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:31 am

Senior Projects Podium004-1

Allison giving her's on autism and horse riding therapy. She has a little brother stricken with autism. She is a sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:33 am

Senior Projects Podium007

Young, a foreign exchange student making "real" Twianese food.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:35 am

Senior Projects Podium003

My new podium!

A couple special ed. students did a group project. The wrote a paper about wood used in construction then built a podium for the English room. There is a little brass plate on the post with their names and date. They did very well.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:43 am

Theo giving his presentation on bio-fuels. One of mentors is a grad student at SDSU, Chris Green, a former student of mine from Iroquois. Chris was in all my plays and English and Spanish classes. It was good for them to work together.

Senior Projects Podium005

Last edited by walleye on Tue May 04, 2010 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:45 am

All the students have to do this their senior year, so there were many more, but these are a sample. So, I've been busy: school play, writing, senior projects, graduation impending, and working at the damned motel.
Back to top Go down
lumpydog

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptySun May 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Great pics Walleye! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:35 pm

yes, very nice...ah, school days. the end of the year is always the busiest I think. and then comes graduation. did you guys do prom already?
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:02 am

Prom was 2 weeks ago. Yep, they pack so many activities into the last 3 or 4 weeks of school.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:28 pm

great thread .... I don't remember all that work (student presentations) in my senior year. I can see the pride you have in being a part of the teaching profession ..... kudos!!!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:22 pm

I get paid to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Senior Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Senior Projects   Senior Projects Empty

Back to top Go down

Senior Projects
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Friendship Hut :: Friendship Hut Forum :: General-
Jump to: