Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I finally did it.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
walleye

walleye

I finally did it. Empty
PostSubject: I finally did it.   I finally did it. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:57 am

I tenured my resignation. No more school marming for me. I'm done. It's been about 30 years of this. Before I taught school the longest I held any given job was about 6 months. But I'm tired.....worn out.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

I finally did it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it.   I finally did it. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 6:06 pm

so this is your last year? Wow! So, you going to take it easy and go fishing? Do you think you'll still pitch in or volunteer at the school once in awhile? Like maybe a substitute teacher?
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

I finally did it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it.   I finally did it. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:39 pm

I have to keep working some place. But done with teaching.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

I finally did it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it.   I finally did it. EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:51 am

I was told to reconsider my resignation....it's up to the school board. I'm not even sure I'm going to reconsider....I'll tell 'em Monday.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

I finally did it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it.   I finally did it. EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:49 pm

I have my job back. I just don't get enough of this. Atually, I'd be lost without teaching. Sorta sad huh.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

I finally did it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it.   I finally did it. EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:01 pm

Not sad - thats good. You are a dedicated teacher who takes pride in their students. Maybe this year cut back on some of the extra activities you partake in (drama/plays, speech or debate club state tournaments, prom, etc.). Along with the low pay is medical benefits - or in a few years are you expecting me and NC to carry you. Ask Pelosi, quit your job - follow your dreams and the great thing is you will still have medical coverage!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

I finally did it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it.   I finally did it. EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:55 pm

I had some parents talk to me...they want me to stay, but that was never the issue.

I am so tired. Plus, once again, I am stuck with a way over-rated teaching staff. I have to wait for the next school board meeting for it to be official. So, there isn't 100 percent certain I'll get it back, but I'm good with it either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I finally did it. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I finally did it.   I finally did it. Empty

Back to top Go down

I finally did it.
Page 1 of 1