Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do ya do?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
walleye

walleye

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:11 pm

I need a job.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:51 pm

I take it they accepted your resignation
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Yep, they honored my request. Sadly, they even have the position filled. I did the right thing, but one always has doubts. I wanted to finish what I had started, but the job wasn't what I wanted. The schedule didn't fit right and the school didn't support academics the way I had hoped. But I am looking forward to the fall and new adventures. I've gotten a couple inquiries about jobs, but they aren't much better than this one. You know, if this school were closer to a major lake or river, I'd never have quit.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Hmmmm, you can teach just about anywhere. if you could go anywhere, where would you want to go? Alaska is nice, and think of the fishing you could do there!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:42 am

I applied in Alaska several years ago. Talk about impossible to get in. All the peeps in California want in, I'd have to drive 3500 for an interview. Plus, the cost of living is sky high. I'd love it, but I can't do it.

My plan is to work at the Best Western and sub teach through the year. I stand to make more money than working at teaching only. It will all work. I'm a bit nervous as I have taught school for 30 years and change isn't easy.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 pm

I have two schools willing to take me as a sub. That was my plan when I turned in my resignation: sub and work at the the motel. I'd make good money and have some time for myself. I haven't really taken any "me time" in many many years.

The last day of school a couple freshman girls turned on their lap top computer and loaded a song by Sara Evens (I think that is her name) titled "I'll Pray for You." They sang along. It was so good I got chills and the hair on my arms stood on end. They were saying good-bye the best they could. I can't get that song out of my head. I can't get Morgan, Drew, and Maddison out my head either. I'll always have regrets for quitting on that class, but it was time.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Aw, good kids...thats nice! years to come they'll remember you!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:08 am

Yea some were good, some were the worst I've ever had. I blame parents and the administration for letting get to be that way. Kids only do what the adults let 'em get away with. To a point anyway.

But it looks like Lake Preston is very interested in me subbing for a year. I think Iroquois will put me on. I'm just preparing this in case a good English position doesn't open up before school starts. I'd like subbing for a year, I think.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Will you have a long drive to the schools for subbing. Aren't they in a different district.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Yes, the drive will be long, but worth it. O know Lake Preston Well. I built houses there when I was in college. I have friends there.

I need to move if this works out, but it's life and as long as one lives one changes. I am almost at the point that I am willing to walk away from teaching. I didn't know how hard I worked and for what little money. I pissed my life away....maybe there will be a last minute reprieve.
Back to top Go down
angello

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:39 am

And what about you know? How are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do ya do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do ya do?   What do ya do? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do ya do?
Page 1 of 1