Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DESCO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
walleye

walleye

DESCO Empty
PostSubject: DESCO   DESCO EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:04 pm

that was the name of the window manufacturing plant I used to work for. I stopped in to visit with my former boss a bit. That place is just hanging on by their finger nails. They laid off over half the crew permanently. One returned to the Army. He was killed in Afghanistan last month. Another was killed in a motorcycle crash this spring.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

DESCO Empty
PostSubject: Re: DESCO   DESCO EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:42 pm

OMG! Terrible! sorry t hear about your past fellow co-workers...sorry to hear about the plant not doing so good....
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

DESCO Empty
PostSubject: Re: DESCO   DESCO EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:10 am

Well, the plant is very poorly run. They hire some very odd people at times,. and I guess these guys were a reflection of that. Scott, my former boss, still works there. His wife is the business manager at Lake Preston High School. She hires the substitute teachers, so I was there trying to make a connection. So far, so good.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

DESCO Empty
PostSubject: Re: DESCO   DESCO EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Isn't alot of their business windows for new home construction. I would think with the economy home owners window replacement is low on the priority list for fix-it projects.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

DESCO Empty
PostSubject: Re: DESCO   DESCO EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:16 am

Construction and everything is bad. If this recession ever ends, that plant will have to hire a lot of workers! I don't miss working there one bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DESCO Empty
PostSubject: Re: DESCO   DESCO Empty

Back to top Go down

DESCO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Friendship Hut :: Friendship Hut Forum :: General-
Jump to: