Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Job?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishguy

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: New Job?   New Job? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:31 pm

I have one very good school that has added me as a long term sub teacher. I have one more that is going to interview me. I'm excited. It took some time, but I had to figure out if was burned out on teaching or burned out on Woonsocket. I believe it was Woonsocket.

Anyway, I am set for the fall either way.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:35 pm

I sent out 3 resumes today. Who knows where it will at this point. I don't care. I want to go fishing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Glad you're not burned out on teaching!! Have a great time fishing - are you doing alot more fun things with the extra time
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 pm

Actually, the motel pays so poorly and the hours are so odd, I have done little fishing. But I am very relaxed and do enjoy the slower pace.

I sent out 3 resumes today. They all were for very good jobs, but I'm not too worried. This year is going to work no matter what- job or no job.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:45 pm

I applied for an admissions counselor at South Dakota State U. I asked form some outside help to get the job. I'm not sure it's what I want, but it is a very good job.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Admissions counselor. what exactly does that entail?
I got a new job at my place. An office job. Kind of like the one I had at my former job. My former boss who now works at my current place(keeping up with this so far?) volunteered me for the position saying I did a great job before. So here we go again. I don't think I'm really cut out for office work but I'll give it a try. It will help me better understand how this place functions. Only thing I don't like is when I get more permanent, I will have to give up my Thermo-press and train someone else. i like my press! It was interesting work...
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:39 am

An admissions councilor would help students register for school and courses. Sorta...
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:40 pm

Walleye .... if offered, I'd go for it. Set work hours and decent pay. I'm sure you would act as a semi-guidance counselor also .... many freshmen don't know what career they want to pursue. Would this entail moving and no motel job?
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:07 am

I haven't been given any interviews, so there is slim hope yet. I'd leave the motel in a heart beat. It was job to bolster the cruddy teacher pay.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:42 pm

I did get added to substitute teach at 3 schools. Not bad. A full time job would be better, but 3 schools is a start. I do have a shot at the admissions job at the state university. Somehow it will work out. If I work at the Best Western and sub-teach I'll have the fishing time that I need.
It should be fine.
Back to top Go down
cornyw56

cornyw56

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:16 am

Wish you the best of luck in the job hunting. I am sure that all will turn out okay.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:14 am

I had a family friend call sdsu about the admissions councelling job. VJ Smith, he used to work in that position. He's now a writer and motivational speaker. He has written 2 books about my dad, so I hope his word can get me in the door.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:46 pm

I wish you the best in your job search. You are actively putting in applications and following up. Hopefully your friends word will lead to an interview - then its in your hands (which you will interview good).
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Thanks, Ron. This is the first job I really really want. I'll be ok without it, but I want this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Job? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Job?   New Job? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Job?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Friendship Hut :: Friendship Hut Forum :: General-
Jump to: