Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not good

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
walleye

walleye

Not good Empty
PostSubject: Not good   Not good EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:18 pm

My sister had her pet scan today. They found several new tumors on her liver and her bones lighting up the screen. it has spread. None of her old tumors are gone, just shrunken a bit. She is in real trouble. Can cancer become chemo resistant? It seems her real fight is just starting. When you google up large cell lung cancer, you'll find only 5 percent of stage 4 victims remain surviors after 5 years.

Now ya know why I have zero tolerance for people claiming they have cancer on-line for attention. I just don't want to deal with them. Ever.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Not good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good   Not good EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:31 am

My sister's e-mail:

The cancer is back and spreading. So I am back on the hard chemo and then will switch to another chemo next week. It will be an all day treatment again I sent O (her hsuband) for coffee and sent him home until late afternoon. I have a small spot on my liver and some tiny ones. The thryoid is the same but the bones are lighting up again. I am doing ok as long as they can do something. There are several drugs we can keep trying.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

Not good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good   Not good EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:08 am

can't imagine what your sister and you and the family are going thru. I know its hard to keep optimistic but doesn't sond like she's gving up so thats good. A positive attitude can do things too along with drugs and chemo. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

Not good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good   Not good EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:51 am

I wish your sister well. I have never had to deal with a loved one having cancer.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

Not good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good   Not good EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:24 am

Sometimes I think it is easier to have cancer than to have support someone with cancer. It's tough on everyone. Thanks Ron & NC
Back to top Go down
cornyw56

cornyw56

Not good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good   Not good EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 am

My Mom died from cancer, they told us she had about 7 days to live, but we had a short time to realize that she really was going to be gone. We did have the short battle, watching her not eat and wondering if the neon orange she had changed in skin color would be gone once she was gone.
Nothing like finding your mother looking yellow, then calling your sister to say, hmmm, Mom's coloring is off, she looks yellow to me I think something is wrong. We did have a few months of talking, crying, but her cancer had taken over and won this battle.
I say as long as your sister doesn't give up hope, and there are still drugs and treatments they can use on her that a miracle can happen. I will pray that the treatments available to her do work for her, and you will be talking and laughing with her in 5 to 10 years from now.
The doctors have given me a scare or two, but so far it only been a scare, and I haven't had to fight that battle in life.
Hey, if I had 1 in 10 chance to live when I became ill, and well, they said I might not be able to talk, walk, and all the other things I do today, there is hope for your sister.
I just wish she didn't have to go down this path in her life, but she sounds upbeat. It not going to be easy for her, her family, and friends. I wish all the best with this challenge in life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not good Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not good   Not good Empty

Back to top Go down

Not good
Page 1 of 1