Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's new...

Go down 
+2
walleye
NCBeachdrmr
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
walleye

walleye

What's new... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:24 pm

I have something new! I'm going to work in 30 minutes!
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:44 pm

not sure what topic this would go under, but I wanted to vent and not on FB.
Here it goes....
You tell the truth you get grief, you don't tell the truth you get grief, so what do you do?
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:39 pm

I say so little. My life is my life....

I broke the driver's side door handle off on the inside of the car tonight. I'm pissed, but what do I do? I'm not sure it's fixable. Life sucks and then it blows.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Walleye .... did you decide to fix your headliner? My handle broke in my car and I had to go to get the part from dealer and fix it. I figured out how to put it back together, taking off the liner and hooking the handle to the wire lines was alittle tricky. If I could do it .... anybody could do it.

NC .... is this guy trouble? Sometimes the situation is a no-win - what ever you do.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:55 pm

Walleye, headliners are not easy to do by yourself...
Ron, yeah, it was boyfriend trouble. A friend of mine who he is very jealous of asked me for a favor. Knowing the BF would not approve i told him I couldn't do it and told the BF, he wasn't happy about this guy being in contact with me. i told him thats why i told him about it, I didn't want to keep secrets or lie to him. But in the end it seemed with all te grief, it would've been better to have told the friend no to the favor and not said anything to the boyfriend...
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:36 pm

My headliner isn't bad. But when they go, they look like hell. I'll do it myself. It will suck, but I will do it.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 pm

My brother is coming this way in a few weeks. Meeting in Biloxi (he's driving I-10) and we're staying there a few days at the Isle (I get promos from them). Then to Hotlanta for a few days to visit my aunt and uncle. A friend of his is flying in and they're spending a week at the beach somewhere along GA coastline (from tar balls to surf). He'll drop by Dothan for a few days on the drive back to Southern Cal.

Maybe Judy or I will hit a jackpot
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Visitors are good! My sister was back for a few days. She's doing ok. But the chemo is kicking her ass. Her blood count to very good,f no new tumors and the old one have shrunk. But she is worn down by it all.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Thats good news Walleye!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:32 am

I don't know. The treatment is really beating her up. You are right, it could be worse.
Back to top Go down
cornyw56

cornyw56

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:04 am

The new information center at the museum is moving along. I been working on this project for what seems like forever, as waiting for grant money to go along with a large memorial from a family that wished a picture wall in the museum. The thought of having to dust all those picture frames got me thinking, and I came up with the idea of a 52 inch flat screen tv, upconvert DVD player, a computer, speakers, 1T external hard drive, and a wireless internet connection. It was searching for all the items and the research, going to the board members, the family, my boss writing the grant proposal, and doing a lot of talking to people, but it is now all together.
We have tons of oral interviews on DVD, most of our pictures that we have in the museum have been scanned, old 8 mm film that has been placed on DVDs.
We had an old huge old radio that was just used for display windows, but it now has been converted as a hiding place for the CPU, speakers, the external drive, and the wireless adapter.
I had wonderful help from one of the volunteers that helped get the old radio ready to hold all the components inside, plus Howard put the old radio on a study stand with wheels so I don't have to tug on the old radio, just push to one side start the CPU, and the 52 inch flat screen gives me a huge monitor to look at.
I did have to laugh when I realized that the old radio had a speaker in it, but there was a problem the old speakers had huge magnets in them. We should have had a video camera running when we were going "Oh no, there magnets in that speaker", my boss and I moved really fast to get all the components out of the radio cabinet, and take out the old speaker.
Where do we hide the keyboard, and the DVD player, well, at one time it also had a record player in it, and Howard turned that area into space for the DVD player, the keyboard, and the remotes. The mouse also hides inside in that space, but we have to pull the mouse out and use it on top of the cabinet.
Still loads of work to be done, but the family and the State Historical Society are happy so far, and when I needed about $300.00 more the Board of the museum gave me the extra $300.
Well, maybe the idea of this moving picture wall wasn't all mine, as we had a college student that said we needed something for the younger generation as they grew up with video games, and they like to see things moving. The picture slidshows seem to attract both young and old, and Windows Media Center does help to make it appear that they are moving pictures.
Now to get me to stop starting the day off with the Fireman's Parade, well, it was rather funny when we had the people from the Nearly Nu Store, and the Central Avenue Drug Store coming to see what was going on, oops, the speakers were set just a little too loud.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:32 pm

whew! damn! I would've never came up with ideas like that! You're a pretty smart cookie there, corny! sounds like you've been pretty busy. hope the boss appreciates everything you did coming up with this.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:06 am

Corney .... glad to see you are enjoying the work at the museum - doing a great job
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:08 pm

Work has been rough ever since I got back from vacation - adding new technology which means I have alot of changes to make to different departments.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:19 am

Changes sometimes aren't welcome. Especially when you get in a routine and have to change all that.

The motel had an in-service today. I found it troubling. We are supposed to be salesmen and push our highest prices and rewards on our costumers. I hate that. I'm not a good salesman. I know what money shortages are and I hate trying to screw people out of money. I'm not greedy and I do not like greedy people. I'm just a piss poor capitalist. Not by intellectual choice, but by personality. I can't comprehend my boss. He can't wring enough money out of people. It just rubs me the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:54 pm

so they taught you how to railroad people? Geez, sounds awful. Do you have to do it? I don't see how he can make you do it. No, it ain't right. with times as they are he should just be happy people are even coming to the motel. hang in there, and stick to your principles walleye!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:34 pm

The boss (owner) feels the same way I think. It's the home office. Steve owns the place and Best Western owns the franchising. He is stuck. He likes the home office about the same way I do. But it is good capitalism to rip people off. Make 'em pay the extra buck. I hate being treated that way and I hate treating others that way. I am a bad American I guess.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:12 pm

well, you could always just rip off snotty, mean people that come there.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:00 pm

I know, but I hate tricking people into spending or overpaying. It just rubs me the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:19 am

Ugh! FB is sooooo boring any more.... went there this morning to see what was new, and nothing! same old, same old...zzzzzz....zzzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:26 pm

I've sorta been off my game the past week or so - work related. Hopefully sorted things out in my head over the weekend, nothing I can change - just have to accept and deal with it! We 3 have all gone thru that over the past few years. Have to agree with ya about fb - I try to make the best out of both - like being in a football stadium vs a nascar track - neither is the same.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Right now we will be working 7 days a week, 12 M-F and 8's on Sat and Sun. First I go in and work in the office and wehen my work is done I can go on the shop floor and help out. Some are complaing and I said at least we are getting OT and not being laid off like last year! And Christmas is coming and we all could use extra money. I just don't understand ppl sometimes. They complain when they have work and complain when they don't....
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:25 am

Works sucks...but so does not working.

I subbed in DeSmet yesterday. The kids were awesome. Then I worked over night at the motel. 8PM to 7AM. It was up at 5AM and went to bed at 8 AM...the next day. Long hours but it's working.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:11 pm

weedeated today - been so dry even the weeds are drooping. Gonna get an edger next year when they are on sale - weedeating will be much less of a project.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:11 am

I am working...and a lot. I see people can't find work. I can't see why not. The motel is giving loads of hours and the subbing is picking up. I hope a good full-time teaching job would open up. I saw a full Spanish job, but I didn't apply. It was too far east and too close to Sioux Falls. I'm sure it's a good job, but I want some hunting and fishing to go along with it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next