Friendship Hut
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Friendship Hut

A place to get together and meet new friends

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's new...

Go down 
+2
walleye
NCBeachdrmr
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

What's new... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:56 am

Not much new here....same old. Good news is my sister won't be losing her house, right now. She was supposed to be out by Oct 1 but now they said is extended til april. They've been doing this for so long its really getting to her and her family's nerves. But at least it buys her some more time. I just hope se uses it wisely. If she has no intentions in trying to save her house she should be looking for another place to live.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 pm

The economy is terrible. I'm not sure one can blame any politician or economic policy. It's a built in process of our system that eventually smooths out the recent record profits of any one give decade. We can't tolerate any given social rank to out earn a higher rank. It has never been permitted in other societies at any time period, and America ain't gonna let it happen now.

I work 62 hours at the motel next week and sub a couple days...I'm making money! The hours at the motel are over night hours, so I have days off. I'll be taking fewer and fewer hours at the motel, as planned. I want some fishing and hunting time. I've taken no time for myself in the last 30 years.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:42 pm

well, it wasn't the economy that did this too her. They decided to not pay their bills...I remember once a few years ago me and her got into an argument because she wanted to go on vacation and I couldn't afford it, told her I had to pay my bills And that was when she said 'I won't let my bills dictate my life'. uh yeah, well, it caught up with her. She always wanted vacations and nice Christmas's for the kids....so now they're in deep. I still feel sorry for her but also can't help to think they brought this on themselves. Her husband has a good paying job, she's retired with a pension. They just bought a house they couldn't afford, or rather they got one of those mortgage rates that change.
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

People are goofy that way. If I had been better with money, I'd be well off. I work and work and in 3 or 4 years I'll retire and be fine. Teachers in South Dakota are very poorly paid, but I'll make up for it. I enjoy subbing and the motel is as good of job as I want right now. They are taking good care of me. My next pay check should be very good. I get more time off than when I was teaching.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Yeah, me too. If I would've been more careful with my money and didn't run up the credit cards I'd be much better off But I'm doing good getting them down now. Just got to keep lugging away!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm on the up swing here as well. It will work out.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm with some kind of financial advisors and they took some of my credit cards and lumped them all into one payment, then they try to come to a settlement with the creditors. And good news today, they've reached a settlement with one of my larger ones! I keep up wiith my payments so I'll be debt free sooner than trying to do it on my own....sorry to say it just got to be too much. when Obama was going to change the rules they all scrambled and kept raising the rates and minimum payments, I just couldn't do it Embarassed . But I learned a very valuable lesson from this....
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:40 pm

I settled on all my cards too. I saved more on some than others, but it worked. I'll not ever get another credit card. Discover took 200 hundred dollars out of my checking account in July. They weren't given permission to do so. The transaction drew an over draft and had 4 or 5 checks returned. It cost me about 500 dollars when the smoke cleared. I filed a protest and got the money back 2 months later. Today I got a bill for 2.10 for the transaction. The account is closed it's settled and they sent me the bill. I called them and asked if I could make payments. Credit cards are nasty in all aspects.
Back to top Go down
Ron

Ron

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 pm

you both may enjoy this article

http://www.slate.com/id/2270044/
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 10:55 pm

It was insightful. In years gone by, that was called loan sharking...and not legal.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:53 pm

Checked into Nascar but going back to the movie 'The Jerk', what does that tell you?
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:10 am

Ummm....even jerks are better than NASCAR?
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:14 am

I have a freezer full of some awesome game birds. On some cold winter nights, there will be some good warm stew and soup!

I've been working so much, but I enjoy most of it. Subbed again today and working at the motel until 6am. But I don't have to work until Wed at 6pm. Lots of pay checks.

A school called me 3 days ago and wanted to interview me for a teaching position. I declined the invite. I have my nest lined here.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Oh i don't know , I think you should've just went to 'go see'....
Nothing really new here, the bridge is open between the east and west Hamburg, i still haven't driven across it, don't have a need to. traffic has picked up ALOT, maybe it'll scare off the riff raff that has moved in recently....thats what everyone is hoping anyway. we got a Lowes that just opened, ain't got a need for that either. I shop at the local stores, I like them better, at least I can find what I'm looking for!
Back to top Go down
walleye

walleye

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Didn't to go see. I know what it is. It isn't good.
Back to top Go down
NCBeachdrmr

NCBeachdrmr

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Ah I see, if you already know its not a good thing then no sense wasting time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new...   What's new... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4